Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A sweet conversation...

Today, over lunch at my parent's house, my younger sisters were having a discussion about babies.
Alea, who's 8, announced, "I saw a commercial on TV for a medicine that will make it so you can't have a baby for five years."
The other little girls looked astonished. Hope (6) was having a hard time understanding why anyone would want to go such a long time without a baby. "Why?!," she asked, assuming that her older sister would be able to explain. Alea shrugged. "Some people don't like babies," she said. Emma (4) was quietly thinking about this for a minute and then said, "But I won't do that. Mom didn't. She loved all her babies." "Yeah, me either." chimed the other two, and proceeded to eat their lunch.

The whole thing really just warmed my heart. These little girls are still so untouched by the world and so naturally see new life as good. I hope they never lose that.

Comments on "A sweet conversation..."

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (October 26, 2007 7:38 AM) : 

That is such a cute story about your sisters:-)We actually didn't watch last night because we are still one season behind on Scrubs. We have anxiously been waiting until the next season comes out on dvd, I think within just a few days. I can't wait, it's one of my all time favorite shows and I think Josh's favorite show of any show. We still watch all the reruns on comedy central though. Plus we have all the dvds up to I think season 5. I don't know what will do when we don't have any to look forward too. I guess will just have to keep watching the dvds to get our scrub fix;-)

 

Blogger John Jansen said ... (November 07, 2007 11:34 AM) : 

These little girls are still so untouched by the world and so naturally see new life as good. I hope they never lose that.

Amen to that.

 

post a comment