Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

why you shouldn't let your baby play with the cell phone...

No, he didn't break it. However, after I broke down and let him play with it on the drive home from a family birthday party tonight, he did manage to both unlock the keypad AND dial 9-1-1. He got a call from the Aurora Police Department a few moments later, which went unanswered, and then another, when I finally finagled the phone away from him in time to answer it. It was a woman from the police department, stating that they'd just received an emergency call from this number, and that it sounded like there was a struggle. And I'm sure it did, considering that he was chewing on and bashing the phone all over the place. She spoke with Matt and I both to make sure everything was OK, and we assured her that we were absolutely fine, albeit a little embarrassed.

How my 10-month old managed that, I'll never know.

Comments on "why you shouldn't let your baby play with the cell phone..."

 

Blogger Renee said ... (October 04, 2007 8:25 PM) : 

Target sells a cute little toy cell phone (Parent's brand) that is totally a hit with kids his age. It is a little noisy, but not bad. I highly recommend it.

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (October 05, 2007 6:50 PM) : 

You can go the toy route.. or just run one through the wash, and "recycle" it by removing the battery and giving it to him! Trust me. It works great. (Of course, this doesn't happen until after the horrifying reality of what you've just done sinks in.. and you finally manage to scrape your husband off of the ceiling! lol)

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (October 05, 2007 7:53 PM) : 

the one time i accidentally dialed 911 the patrol car actually showed up b/c they needed to confirm everything was ok, they wouldn't accept a phone answer. i'm glad you got out of that one more easily!

not to pick on you, lol, but did you really need a mishap to realize that babies shouldn't play with phones? You're the second first time mom i know who seemed SURPRISED at that in the past month. ha ha. i think you should go ahead and blame that lapse on pregnancy brain.

which by the way how's it going?

 

Blogger erin said ... (October 05, 2007 11:14 PM) : 

*sigh* well, it was really more of an "oh FINE, have this if it will keep you quiet for ten minutes!" moment, while I vividly remembered my dad handing one of my baby sisters his cell phone while she proceeded to drool on it so much that it never saw the light of day again. I could claim pregnancy brain, but the truth is that is was just a bad combination of pregnancy exhaustion and 'I-don't-care-what-you're-doing-as long-as-it's-not-screaming'. Seemed worth it at the time. And, for what it's worth, I'd do it all over again for those five peaceful minutes in the car!;-)
pregnancy seems to be going well...lots of movement these days. I'm looking forward to getting out of the "looking fat" phase and onto the "looking pregnant" phase, but I'm still feeling terrific. How are you??

 

Blogger erin said ... (October 05, 2007 11:20 PM) : 

Oh, and Jennifer, you WHAT?!

Just kidding.

I put my old cell phone through the wash right after ambrose was born, and used it for that purpose until he dropped it and all the guts fell out and never went back together quite right. What an awful thing to tell your husband about, though. Ugh.

 

Blogger Kyla said ... (October 07, 2007 7:56 PM) : 

That is still so funny!!! I think he was really trying to call me because he missed me... I'm sure...

 

Blogger Kyla said ... (October 07, 2007 7:56 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (October 10, 2007 4:13 PM) : 

I'm still in the looking fat phase too. :-) Hopefully my maternity clothes coming out of storage should help with that. Although I'm not quite sure I want to look pregnant yet with 4 small kids to drag around places. I already get the looks and comments. !

 

post a comment