Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Monday, September 17, 2007

I think...

...that I might be over the hump! I hit the 12 week mark last week, and I'm feeling awesome. And I don't mean that I just feel better, I mean that I really feel fantastic. Possibly better than I did before I was pregnant, something I remember saying last time, too. Maybe it's just this beautiful fall weather we're having. Maybe it's the fact that my blood pressure is slightly higher than my usual 90/65, making me feel just a little more "alive". Maybe it's because of the prenatal vitamins that I occasionally remember to take. I don't know, but I just have energy coming out my ears-- which is good, because I've been catching up on all the housework that I've slacked off on over the last eight weeks or so.

So, feeling better means I'm cracking down and kicking my protein intake up to 100 grams a day again (as opposed to the first trimester "eat anything that won't come back up" diet). I did this religiously last time I was pregnant, and was really glad I did. Now I just have to get motivated.... I need someone to constantly chant "eggs! milk! chicken! peanuts!" at me. Any takers?

On Sunday, we went to our first Tridentine Mass at St. John Cantius in Chicago. It was absolutely gorgeous, both the Mass and the church. It was a great day to be downtown, too.

Pictures:





Oh, and on a totally unrelated note, I've finally gotten the hang of wearing the Mei Tai carrier on my back, and can get it on by myself. I can't even begin to say how awesome it is. Here's why you should wear your baby, too.


Comments on "I think..."

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (September 18, 2007 7:52 PM) : 

Nice! I've been wanting to visit that parish for a while now!

I need a good excuse for
Chicago trip. A rare concert or Catholic retreat or something. You and Matt keep a lookout, will ya?

 

post a comment