Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

always amazing...

The photo is of an unborn baby at 7 weeks gestation. By 8 weeks, all body systems are complete, and that's pretty darn cool.

Morning sickness is in full swing.... Goodness, I hope this is full swing. It set in last Thursday evening and hasn't really let up since. It's strange how comforting it is to feel so rotten at this point, though.

By the way, I think it's a girl! However, I was dead sure that Ambrose was a girl, too. I figure I've gotta be right one of these days.

It is so hot. So hot. And humid. It's ugly.

Anyway, my out-of-the-womb baby is on the move. He's climbing everything and has a new found love for eating dryer lint and paper. I think if I tore up a piece of paper and fed it to him for a snack, he'd be thrilled. You cannot take your eyes off him for a second, I tell you. There is no rest for the weary.


Here he is, cruising around the coffee tables.



And enjoying french fries at McD's.


Comments on "always amazing..."

 

post a comment