Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

on the love of food.

Ambrose has fallen in love with food this week.
Here's my current list of food that he likes and actually eats:

Sweet potatoes
Oatmeal
Strawberries
Peas...kind of. He'd rather just play with them, but likes them when he actually does eat them.
Scrambled eggs
Chicken
Celery...if you count knawing as eating.
Carrots
Bananas
sweet corn
Cheerios
Green Beans
Toast
French fries...(hey, the other option was screaming all the way home.)
Tater tots
Broccoli...kind of
and Chocolate chip cookies... go figure. Also, all cakes and any other danish. Definitely takes after me in that department.


On the other hand, the pregnancy hormones have taken over my body and I have developed a strong love/hate relationship with all things edible. That is as it should be at this stage of the game, I suppose. My first appointment with the midwife is the 24th of August. So, if all goes well, we should be able to hear a nice little heartbeat then.
Last time I was pregnant and I had to wait 6 weeks to get in to see the midwife, it felt like eternity. I'm so much less anxious this time, about everything. It's nice.

Comments on "on the love of food."

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (July 31, 2007 9:53 AM) : 

When are you due? End of March?

 

Blogger Mama said ... (August 30, 2007 7:00 PM) : 

I stumbled upon your blog on MDC... my dd is the same age (11/6/06) as your ds and she "suddenly fell in love" with food about 3 weeks ago. So funny that babies do the same things at the same time! Congrats on your pregnancy!
~Amy~

 

post a comment