Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

We had such a nice Labor Day weekend! We ended up not going to Michigan as planned, since work for Matt was mile-high...but he did get home early on Friday and only worked the morning on Saturday, which left us with alot of time together. There was a fair going on downtown Naperville, which we got to enjoy on Friday and Monday...and bought some greasy food that cost nearly as much as our mortgage. Had dinner with my family on Saturday, and we also won some free passes to the pool/water park in town--enough that we were able to go on both Sunday and Monday. So, a good time was had by all.

We also had our first trip to the ER with Ambrose this weekend, which was considerably less fun than the other highlights of the holiday. He was out on the patio while Matt was cooking dinner on the grill, and when Matt set the hot lid on the ground, Ambrose's fast little self was there in a split second and his right had went straight to that lid. It blistered, and we took him in. Poor guy, he was in so much pain! They loaded him up with some hefty painkillers and some ointment, and he's doing much better...though still pretty doped up.

Comments on ""

 

post a comment