Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

and many more, maybe.

Today I turn twenty-one.

Comments on "and many more, maybe."

 

Blogger Renee said ... (September 19, 2007 7:55 AM) : 

May God grant you many years in peace, health and happiness!

And, I am so glad you are feeling better. How much, exactly is 100 grams of protien, for example, how much chicken, eggs and peanuts must one eat to consume 100 g a day?

 

Blogger erin said ... (September 19, 2007 9:34 AM) : 

Thanks, Renee!

100 grams of protein looks something like this:

2 eggs= 14 grams
with cheese= +5
and whole-wheat toast= + 5
1 whole chicken breast= 35 grams
2 servings of milk/cottage cheese/yogurt= 16 grams
2 servings of peanuts= 15 grams

Then 15-20 grams from whatever we're having for dinner, usually. Gosh, that doesn't look so bad after all. I'm such a whiner.

 

Blogger erin said ... (September 19, 2007 9:34 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (September 19, 2007 11:38 AM) : 

Seriously? You're like, almost as young as my baby brother. Weirdness.
It's so strange that many of my peers are so vastly different in age than I am these days. No more school-grade imposed peerdom...it's all about state of life! Crazy to think about. You totally skipped some grades :-)

Happy Birthday!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 20, 2007 8:44 AM) : 

Happy birthday, and I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better!

(The sling pics are so cute...will definitely use one myself, eventually.)

 

Blogger Sophie Loubere said ... (September 20, 2007 2:03 PM) : 

Felicitations! You can't really drink because you're pregnant, but I'm sure you've found some exciting, less cliche way to celebrate.

 

post a comment