Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

So, I saw the midwife again last Friday. Heartbeat is still in the "girl" range--about 160. Actually, so far, all signs and symptoms point to having a girl (yeah, I have total faith in old wives's tales.). And to tell you the truth, I'm not sure how I feel about that. Honestly, I'm not sure what all the fuss is over having girls, or why people seem to think that you must want to have a girl, or why women squeel at the idea of buying pink booties instead of blue. Maybe that's just a result of growing up in a house with 6 girls, or maybe it's because there's something incredibly charming about the affection of a little boy. I don't know. Of course, I don't doubt that I'll be thrilled with the new person no matter what, I'm just struggling to get excited about the prospect of having a daughter. For this reason, more than any other, I probably won't find out the gender before the baby's born.

In other news, there's not much other news. I love the change in weather. It's a little overwhelming to remember that last fall I was also pregnant, anxiously waiting to have a baby and thinking, "Next year my baby will be almost 1!" And he is. How fast time flies. He's changing alot lately, too. He's finally got the hang of waving "hi!" and "bye-bye!" He think this is extremely impressive, so he tries it out on everyone he sees. He also thinks that if he waves hello and smiles when he's doing something he shouldn't do that maybe I'll be so caught up in his cuteness that I won't notice he's trying to shred the mail or stick his hands in the toilet.

Oh, and he FINALLY figured out how to drink water out of a bottle last week. That's a relief for me.



Comments on ""

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (October 03, 2007 12:34 PM) : 

Christina finally is taking up to 4 oz of goat milk at a time, starting last week.
My MIL suggested getting her to try learning the bottle by giving her something sweet like juice and it actually worked. I guess she just wasn't motivated to learn to drink milk but she did want that juice. So now she does passably with a bottle. Whew. I am mainly only nursing nights and mornings now and she eats almost everything we eat. Still smushed or pureed though of course.

Anyway I just wanted to say that it is refreshing you are being honest. Some people pretend that they don't care what they are having. :-) Well, I wanted a boy last time but it's not like I was disappointed to have another girl... like dave says we have 8 more tries... but i'm looking for a boy this time too! I would just feel really bad for my poor son if he had no at home boy playmates (b/c you KNOW with 5 kids I will not be organizing play dates every week!!).
Anyway girls are GREAT, and even if personally you don't get the whole girly thing, you will melt just as much to see how much of a total softy matt will get around her, as you do with the little boy's affection toward you... the daddy daughter dynamic is not something you want to miss! :-)

Take care. Did you ever get a sewing machine?

 

post a comment