Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Update

[Pix to follow soon -- Computer Sanfu.]

So, I guess an update is probably in order.

My boys are growing so much.
Ambrose turned three in November and is quite the chatterbox with a wild imagination. He carries a mischievous look in his eye, has a (strong) tendency toward bossiness. He likes to push the limits. He always has a plan, he always wants to know what's going on, and he wants to know why. I occasionally fear that he is far too clever (conniving?) for the good of anyone in the household. He loves his trains. And all vehicles, really--but mostly trains. He could care less if we ever fed him again. I'd guess his favorite food is probably air.

But, he has a very tender side to him and likes to be held and cuddled, and strongly dislikes being cold. I always worry about him. Not because anything is wrong--I'm not really sure why, actually. He's just so skinny and fair and seems so delicate to me.

Peter will be two next month. He is so cute. He talks in "question words"--meaning, everything he says sounds like a question--ending on a higher pitch than it started. He is earnest and kind and very aware of others and their needs--as far as a two-year-old can be. Upon being told that we are going to the store, he'll bustle around the house finding coats, shoes and socks for everyone. And then will proceed to gather the car keys, the diaper bag, my purse, etc.
His primary hobby is imitating everything Ambrose does. He's strong and sturdy and durable, but is very sweet and sensitive and not at all reminiscent of the tightly-wound, fussy baby that he was a year ago. Unlike his brother, he's an eating machine and has never complained about any food item I've put in front of him. But seriously, he is so cute it kills me.

As for me? I'm doing really well. I started working in September at a little bagel & coffee shop in town. I work a few early-morning hours each day so that I can be gone and back home again before Matt has to leave for work, and I don't miss much time with the kids. Getting up at 4am is tough, I admit, but not nearly as tough as not making enough money to pay your bills. The job is fun, though, and fast-paced and I really do enjoy it.

And, as most of you probably already know, we're expecting our newest member in September of this year. Still anxiously awaiting my first appointment with the midwife tomorrow evening, but frankly, I'd be more anxious if my abdomen wasn't ballooning like CRAZY. Something is quite obviously growing in there. And if not, something is seriously wrong.

So, there we have it--we're all caught up. Blessings, all.

xoxo

Comments on "Update"

 

post a comment