Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Saturday, June 14, 2008

on strep throat.

When Peter was four weeks old, Matt had strep throat.

When Peter was nine weeks old, Matt had strep throat again. Ambrose got it, too. So did I.

So, we all took antibiotics. I hate antibiotics.

Courtesy of the aforementioned medication, Peter developed thrush.

No sooner had I killed the thrush did I wake up today with a terrible sore throat and a headache.

I have strep throat. Again.

I was contemplating going without antibiotics and letting my body duke this thing out itself.
This would just mean that I would probably spend a week or so being very sick (and since strep usually involves throwing up for me, I mean very sick). It would not be the end of the world, but I have a really hard time fathoming how I would take care of my two little kids being that sick. Also, I would then be running the risk of coming down with something more serious--scarlet fever or rheumatoid fever. Rare, but not rare enough to not matter. It was really a hard decision. I guess I'm just going to slaughter my body with another round of antibiotics.

I have no idea where we keep getting it, and I really hope this is the end.

It's moments like these when I realize that my body is not my own, really, at all.

Comments on "on strep throat."

 

Blogger Katie said ... (June 14, 2008 7:18 PM) : 

Oh no :( Many prayers for you, I hope it passes quickly!

 

Blogger T. Ambrose Nazianzus said ... (June 17, 2008 7:12 AM) : 

Same here!

I found your blog through Katie's, and I wouldn't have posted if it weren't for the fact that you named one of your children Ambrose. As it so happens, when I converted, I took Ambrose as my confirmation name. So I approve, very much.

 

Blogger rachel said ... (July 08, 2008 9:53 AM) : 

aw... are you all better now? i hope! thank you for your supportive comments! you are so right that breastfeeding is a relationship w/ ups and downs - well put.

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (July 09, 2008 11:13 AM) : 

how are you now? what did you end up doing?

 

post a comment