Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Saturday, March 01, 2008

yep.

We're all alive and well here!

I'm sitting in my living room, alone, as Matt's out with some friends tonight. Ambrose is in bed. My work is done for the day--and I mean it's *really* done. This feeling is a bit foreign.

Since my last post, we've found a nice young couple to rent our condo, I've put my 8 1/2 months pregnant self into overdrive and packed up all of our belongings (by the way, moving is 3 times as much work after you have a kid. No more of this 'three-car-loads-and borrow-your-friends-pick-up-truck' business. Your possessions multiply by like 12 when you have a baby. Make note of this.), we've moved into our new house, painted the living room, stripped wallpaper and painted the kitchen, and are officially completely UN-packed. Thank goodness for nesting hormones, and restless pregnant legs that make you hate sitting down so much that you'd rather just stand up and unpack 5 more boxes. :-)

So, that leaves me here tonight, in my new house, feeling a little bit fidgety. There are no more boxes to tackle, no more cupboards to clean out, no more drawers to de-clutter, no second coats of paint that will just have to wait til tomorrow. Seems like a good night for labor...ha. (Kidding!!!!!)

That's what I've been up to. I'm kicking myself for not taking before and after pictures of our new place. It's just such a quaint little house--old, with lots of pretty, wood floors and trim. I'll put up the after pictures, but they'll be less enjoyable without the before shots.

Other than that, Ambrose is being cuter than anything. He roars like a tiger, dances to the church bells that we hear periodically throughout our day, and has a great affection for climbing. On everything.

Less than a month to go before baby #2 is here. My body feels like it's 90 years old, and I keep having to remind myself that I feel that way *because* I'm pregnant, or I find myself thinking that I just feel way too tired and crummy to have another baby.

Comments on "yep."

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (March 16, 2008 4:43 PM) : 

Wow, I'm so sorry you had to move while so pregnant. I know it is hard enough only a "little bit" pregnant! Hope everything transitions smoothly. Are you doing a home birth?

 

post a comment