Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Friday, July 18, 2008


Back in good health here! Healthy enough to blog, even.

For those who asked, I did end up taking another round of antibiotics. Lord willing, I can steer clear of those for awhile. Ugh. As predicted, Peter did get thrush again. I'm learning so well that you have to be absolutely militant when warding off yeast, but hopefully it's gone for good now.

As a result, however, I've become a total probiotics fanatic. I know, I never thought I'd be the granola girl who did all this weird stuff either. And maybe I'm still not, yet. Anyhow, I've started making my own kefir and my own yogurt, which are both really great sources for good bacteria and excellent tools for rebuilding the immune system. Plus, they make great smoothies. (Banana + a handful of frozen berries + a cup of yogurt= 1 delicious breakfast)


The boys. You know, I was just about to write "the boys are getting so big" or "the boys are doing so well", but really, how cliche. Truthfully, the boys are not getting so big. They are so small. They're tiny. They barely understand English, and often times behave in a similar fashion as monkeys or small puppies. I'm not saying that because I don't like them, or because I'm not enjoying my life, or because I want someone to feel sorry for me. I'm just saying it because that is the real truth.

Sure, they are incredibly cute. They are precious, and I always, always, always have someone to cuddle with. It is adorable. But they're not getting "so big", and they're certainly not doing it "so quickly". When they're 20, I'll tell you about how big they are, and maybe then I'll be able to tell you something about how fast it goes. But right now, the minutes and hours are so much longer than the weeks and years.

On that note, I really am having a good time with them. It's fun to see them interact, even if it is only on a very basic level. Peter always gets a kick out of Ambrose, and Ambrose is continually growing more fond of his little brother. He's falling into the Protective Older Brother roll quite well. It distresses him to see his brother being held by strangers, and is even more distressed when he cries.

I'm going to leave you with this sweet video of Peter's first giggles. (Which of course were not for me, but for Renata who is an expert at peek-a-boo). Foolishly, I filmed it sideways, so yeah, they're upside down. Anyone know what software I could use to flip it?? Anyhow, just tilt your head for now. :)

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Katie said ... (July 20, 2008 6:49 AM) : 

I'm glad you're all doing better!

They barely understand English, and often times behave in a similar fashion as monkeys or small puppies

That cracked me up! They're adorable :)

 

Blogger Renee said ... (July 21, 2008 10:48 PM) : 

Peter looks like he has a mohawk, just like Nick!

 

post a comment