Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

it begins...



I'm quite aware that little boys love to roughhouse with one another, and when I learned that I was going to have two little boys less than a year and half apart, I figured that I would be in for my share of wrestling matches. I guess I just assumed that those were a few years down the line.

This afternoon I ran to the kitchen for a minute and heard both boys giggling from the living room. I smiled and went to see what was making them both so happy. Peter was propped in the corner of the couch, and Ambrose--sweet Ambrose--had a pillow clutched to his chest and was lunging--I mean actually throwing his entire body--on his baby brother. They were both laughing wildly.

?!


















Comments on "it begins..."

 

Blogger Kacy said ... (August 19, 2008 7:25 PM) : 

I am absolutely thrilled about the birthing center, and it's only about two miles from our apartment. I was absolutely not looking forward to the prospect of delivering my baby attached to a bunch of hospital machines in Waco, so moving here has been a great blessing in this way.

We're settling in just fine, but it's very hard to make friends around here. There aren't very many people our age at the local parish, and I doubt there will be very many married grad students at school.

As for my pregnancy, I've had absolutely no problems, and aside from the occasional fatigue, I feel great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 29, 2008 5:18 AM) : 

Erin: Thanks so much for the congrats. Did I hear correctly thru someone that you guys are expecting again as well? Your boys are getting so big!

Lacey

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 19, 2008 8:27 AM) : 

Erin! OMGoodness am I glad I found you! I have been trying my darndest to get in touch with you, so I did a goolge on Matt, and then saw his blog, then your link - and WALLA! Anyhow, please contact me about the awesome mae-tai (spelling?) - you can visit me at www.nadafarm.wordpress.com
Peace and Blessings to you! It was great to meet your beautiful family (p.s. - have a great picture of that beautiful family)
Anne Marie

 

post a comment