Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

snow.

Really good day in the snow yesterday. It was perfect packing snow--heavy and wet, but still white and crisp.

I am, admittedly, really lacking in the playing-in-the-snow department. Honestly, aside from going out for walks and occasionally shivering and bouncing on the front porch while the kids play, this is really the first time this year that I've gotten them AND myself bundled up and really dug into the white stuff. I don't especially like being cold or wet, but they don't mind. I sometimes forget that.

Anyway, we spent a couple of hours shoveling the driveway, building snowmen and building a (super duper cool) snow fort in the back yard. It was totally fun.

Sadly, Matt had taken the camera to work with him yesterday, so I didn't get any pictures. Today, though, my sister got some shots of similar adventures at Grandma's house (will post soon). And, more snow (insert quiet groan) is on the agenda for tomorrow, so I imagine our fort will once again be put to use.

Really thankful for my boys today. Feeling very proud of my potty-train-ed/ing boy and am just really overwhelmed sometimes at what sweet little men they are.

Comments on "snow."

 

post a comment