Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ramblings...

Ambrose's second tooth poked through this morning.

Also, while I was vacuuming a few minutes ago, he managed to grab hold of my leg from the exersaucer and then reach his little hands up for me, which is a first. It was so cute! He looked so proud of himself--and quite pleased when I responded.

*sigh*

I've finally gotten the hang of using the baby sling! Up until now, I've used the Snugli carrier--which is great, but awfully confining for Ambrose. Anyway, I've been wearing it (the sling) while out and about over the last few days. To my suprise, it seems to get some sort of response out of almost everyone I meet. It's usually pretty funny--I hadn't really expected that a woman carrying a baby in a sling would be so foreign to people.
Feedback usually falls into one of the following categories:

1. The teenage girl/ childless woman who looks at me like I am W-E-I-R-D and says something like, "Doesn't it get HOT in there??"

2. The mother who says "Oh WOW, what a great idea! I need to get one of those!"

3. The woman who says nothing, but looks at me like she's wondering why people even have babies anyway, or the man who says nothing, but stares for a long time trying to figure out what in the world that thing is, and what's in it.

4. The old woman who tells me what a great invention it is, and insists that they didn't exist when she had babies. I've been suprised by this a number of times, and have never had the heart to say that women have been carrying babies this way pretty much forever.

Anyway, Matt's working super-duper long days this week, so I'm off to find the best way to fill up so many hours. We've been planning to make a trip up to Michigan this weekend (which would be GREAT after these last couple of weeks) but there's been murmurings of possibly cancelling it due to the huge amount of work. :-( Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comments on "ramblings..."

 

Blogger Renee said ... (May 15, 2007 9:06 PM) : 

you know you can always come out here for a visit if you are bored. It may be crazy here, but not boring!

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (May 17, 2007 2:49 PM) : 

i usually immerse myself in a new tv series on dvd when dave starts putting in late hours. the only down side is it's hard to stop watching when he starts coming home early. ha ha.

 

post a comment