Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Sunday, May 13, 2007

on Mother's Day.

This year is my very first Mother's day (well, at least the first that I'm actually a mother), so this year I appreciate my mom more than ever. Like never before, I understand the joys and the pains I've brought to her life--and it's made me think a little more about the ways my mom has really impacted my life.
So, here's to my mom, who always told me that I could do anything I wanted, so long as I was willing to work for it. Who always pointed out my talents and strengths and always encouraged me to be the absolute best--but who showed me every single day, through the owiees, the 1,071 "pretty pictures", the tears, the endless loads of laundry, the chickenpox, the sticky kitchen floors (and the rice krispies that adhere like super-glue to every surface they come in contact with), through the utter failures, and the tiny victories that she always managed to make seem like the most supreme--that what she did was better. It was better than anything else I could ever aspire to do. So thank you, Mom, for working so hard. Thank you for your patience, your wisdom, your guidance, and your forgiveness when I ignored them all. I hope it pays off somehow when I say that the truth is, Mom, I just want to be you.

Comments on "on Mother's Day."

 

Blogger Renee said ... (May 14, 2007 6:06 AM) : 

Hi Erin,

Nothing made me appreciate my mom more than becoming one. That is a lovely tribute!

On another note, you didn't know it, but MT had a very long conversation on her "shell-phone" with you this morning. She was chatting away, and then "hung up" and said, "That was Erin."

have a good day!

 

post a comment