Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Friday, May 04, 2007

too poor for garage sales.

(Note: this is a pity party.) No, seriously. I am. Not only that...but there are at least THREE neighborhood garage sales going on AT THIS VERY MOMENT that I know of, and I'm not at any of them. It's crushing my soul a little every time I think of it. If, at any point during the day you hear the faint and far-off sound of someone sobbing, you'll know it's me. Send your condolonses, if you wish.

Comments on "too poor for garage sales."

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (May 07, 2007 9:50 AM) : 

I'm so sorry. We're there right now too. Are you guys on the Dave Ramsey plan? At least that way there is blow money. Even $5 a month is something. :-)

 

Blogger Renee said ... (May 07, 2007 11:46 AM) : 

Just collect all your spare change and see what you can get for that. I've done that before, and then go at the end of the sale time and people generally give things away. And bring cutie pie, he'll get you some good free stuff.

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (May 07, 2007 3:32 PM) : 

Basically you plan out a budget where you say exactly what your income will be for the coming month and exactly what your expenses will be. You have to spend every dollar on paper and agree to it before the month starts. Dave has a blow category for just little things that aren't budgeted so even when money is tight, you have a little feeling of freedom. I know a friend that spent a while doing just $5 each (husband and wife) per month and she saved it up until she could buy something. We do $30 each and Dave saves his, I spend mine on sewing stuff and going out for coffee or else I use it to compensate for going over on the grocery budget or kid's clothes. :-)
Or you could do a grocery budget thing where if you spent less than you planned, you get to keep the extra and spend it. the point is, you actually plan to "blow" money that way you let off a little steam each month instead of being so frugal and tight that you blow and spend $200 in an ill-advised shopping spree (which i used to do all the time before we got on the dave ramsey plan)...

 

Blogger Kitty said ... (May 10, 2007 7:41 PM) : 

I commiserate, Erin. I, too, am too poor for garage sales. I am "sort of" on the Dave Ramsey plan, too, and I must say that I don't even have $5 extra per month to blow.

By the way, I am adding you to my blogroll! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't post much, but I hope that when I do I have something of interest! :D

 

post a comment