Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Saturday, December 02, 2006

playing house

I love snow!!! I was remembering yesterday how, when we'd get the first big snow of the year, my mom would let us take the day *mostly* off of school to play outside. She always did this thing where she'd fill up old syrup bottles with water and food coloring, and let us take them out to "write" on the snow. Man, that was the best.
I was telling Matt that this past week could probably be compared to a honeymoon, in a sense...getting snowed in, putting on some Christmas music and holding my baby all day. I love it:-) I'm hoping to get a Christmas tree this weekend, too, to add to the feeling of "playing house." (Though, Matt's swamped at work right now, so sometimes it feels like playing "single mom"...*sigh* oh well. Speaking of which, I could use some *light* reading material, if anyone has any recommendations, let me know.)
Anyway, Ambrose has been SUCH a good baby. Someone told me once that if humans continued to grow at the rate they do during the first 6 weeks of life, they would be the size of the sun by age 40. I believe it. I feel like he's already changing so much, even in the past week. He resembles Matt more every day.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So, as a side note, my pre-pregnancy weight found me this week, and I dug out my pre-pregnancy jeans this morning. I'm delighted to announce that they fit! However, low-rise-hipster-flares are not NEARLY as attractive after carrying a human being between my hips for nine months. I'll never wear them again...but they do fit! :-)

Comments on "playing house"

 

post a comment