Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Thursday, November 30, 2006

time...

You know, it's overwhelming to think that in November of 2004, I was just barely 18 years old, having just graduated high school, I was not yet even engaged, living all alone in Freeport, Illinois--having just momentarily set foot outside my parent's door, attending beauty school, and crying myself to sleep and listening to Counting Crows 24/7. Not even two years later, I'm a married woman, a chrismated Eastern-rite Catholic, and holding the most beautiful little boy in my arms--my son.
It's amazing.
It's totally the best thing EVER.
It's absolutely terrifying.

Comments on "time..."

 

Blogger DeeDee Kay said ... (November 30, 2006 8:22 PM) : 

Wow. I am in awe. God really did have you in the palm of His hand. Through you and with you He has created another precious Catholic family, a fortress built of love which shall protect all three of you. What a priceless treasure you are!

 

post a comment