Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Monday, November 13, 2006

still. pregnant.

*sigh*

Two weeks ago, my midwife told me that I was 2 cm dilated, the baby's head was very, very low, and I was about 25% effaced. I'm going back tomorrow...and with any luck, they'll say, "oh look, the baby's already halfway out!"...what are the odds?

There's still 12 days till my actual due date.

In the meantime, I have made myself an enormous to-do list. There are several drawbacks to this list. 1) I have already spent the last week and a half cleaning my house top to bottom...obsessively. There's not much else to do, except repeat things that I've already done, and really wacky things like alphabetizing the medicine cabinet. (No, really. I did this.) And 2) I find that I often have to remind myself that the baby's arrival is totally irrelevent to my list. No matter how many things I get done today, it will not make the baby come any faster or slower than if I'd just sat around all day.
On the plus side, my house is probably cleaner and more organized than it has ever been and probably ever will be again.


Now, if I could just get my hands on a labor-inducing milkshake and donut...that would be great.

Comments on "still. pregnant."

 

post a comment