Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Thursday, November 30, 2006

oh baby!

So, I'm a week behind everyone else in making this announcement...partially because my blogging capacities have been limited to small windows throughout the day, but mostly because every time I try to write about this, my keyboard is in serious danger of being flooded:-)
I have a son!
Ambrose Levi Yonke entered the world at 2:50am on Thanksgiving day, after 26 long hours of completely unmedicated labor (mission accomplished!...and you all thought I'd wimp out.). Weighing in at 6 pounds, 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches long...he is totally gorgeous and totally healthy.
Birth is an amazing thing--and it's amazing to think back to the moment I first knew I was pregnant, the first time I heard his heartbeat, the first time I felt him move... and to realize that it was him inside me all along...even though I'm just now getting to meet him.
He is so complete, so perfect. He looks just like Matt, and he has the FUZZIEST head of hair that I can't stay away from:-) Officially THE cutest baby EVER. (I'm allowed to say that.)
His name, after St. Ambrose of Milan (who converted St. Augustine), also means 'immortal' or 'divine'. Levi, meaning 'joined' (as Levi, Leah's third son 'joined' her to Jacob, who otherwise did not love her). In essense, "joined to the divine".
Life is beautiful.
I'm sure--completely sure--that time must have stopped the moment he was born. I wasn't expecting to feel so...MUCH. What an event! The minute that his tiny little body was placed in my arms is locked in my mind forever. I can still hear his first cries (or grunts, rather...), I can clearly see the look on Matt's face when I announced that we had a baby boy, and it plays back in my mind every time I marvel at his compact, yet perfectly constructed body. Life is such a miracle, such a gift. There is no other thing in the world that could so effectively and single-handedly instill such feelings of wonder, humility, joy, and fear...all the while causing you to fall more deeply in love than you have ever been.
And so we're praising God for our son. Matt's blog is full of pictures and links to more pictures...but, I can't resist...:-)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Oh, this is probably one of my favorite pictures ever...my whole family, totally un-posed, looking at baby Ambrose:-) My aunt Theresa made them all matching t-shirts that have their respective "aunt" or "uncle" names on them.

Comments on "oh baby!"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (November 30, 2006 5:43 PM) : 

Thanks for describing such a sublime moment. It made me remember having ours, almost 2 years ago now.

And that pic of your family with him is indeed priceless.

 

Blogger DeeDee Kay said ... (November 30, 2006 8:24 PM) : 

That picture of Ambrose is so beautiful it hurts. He is perfect!

Now the picture of the family...that can't be your mom & dad? Oh man, they look young!

 

Blogger erin said ... (December 01, 2006 9:05 AM) : 

Denise, thanks for your sweet comments!!:-) And yep, my mom and dad are still youngin's...their youngest turns two next month. Having a mom who's just two steps beyond her last pregnancy is definitely one of my greatest assets. It was such a pleasure meeting you and your family on Saturday! Hope all is well.

 

post a comment