Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Saturday, April 02, 2011

On realizing you have become the Mommiest of all.

Tonight hubby and I have the pleasure of attending a tribute banquet for Joe Scheidler, one of the most prominent figures in the pro-life movement and a great defender of pre-born life.

As you might imagine, I don't regularly attend formal banquets and my wardrobe shows it. I was hoping to scrounge together a nice outfit (that actually fit me, and was not maternity) at the thrift store. In this pursuit, I realized how very, very different my shopping habits are now that I'm a few years deep in my mothering career.

And so, folks, this is how you know that you have, in fact, become the mommiest of the mommies.



1. You evaluate all clothing based primarily on it's nursing potential.

In hunting the thrift store for a suitable dress, I came across this gem:


Not anything too exciting to look at on it's own, I know (though it is very soft, figure-flattering, and versatile, color-wise. I will probably double it as an Easter dress). The great thing about this dress is the swoop neck and the layer beneath it, which I promptly made nursing-accessible.



And, the price was right.

2. You find a great necklace and think: Awesome! I have a sling to match that!





3. You hunt the thrift store for a small, simple black clutch that will, specifically, fit a diaper or two and wipes perfectly and discreetly.





Blessings, all!

Comments on "On realizing you have become the Mommiest of all."

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (April 02, 2011 11:02 AM) : 

Those are some great finds!!
I actually have been meaning to make myself a dress just like that! Saw one on a ridiculously expensive nursing wear website.

 

Blogger Carynmacg said ... (December 30, 2012 1:34 PM) : 

I can relate to all of this! Too funny ... Also on number four (dd born April 10) so feels like old hat by now ... Do you go to any of the dupage ap playgroups? Trying to start one closer to me up here in st. Charles - check it out on meetup.com/Fox-River-Attachment-Parenting/. Although probably too far for you - with four, I try to stay in about a 6 mile radius :)

 

post a comment