Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

my chatty boy and the ways he makes me laugh.


Today I took Ambrose to his first dentist appointment, as we've been growing concerned about the condition of his front teeth. I'll spare you the boring details of the appointment, but it went very well. I loved the dentist, and it was a relief to have taken him in. At least I now have professional reassurance that everything is OK.

Anyway, our dentist of choice is quite a drive from here, so I had a nice long car ride with my boys and my sister, Kyla. The thing is, my boys talk. Alot. Especially Ambrose. I mean, incessantly.

The winning quote of the day:

Kyla: Ambrose, how many words do you use each day?
Ambrose: Huh?
K: How many words do you use every day? Do you count them?
A: Uhhhhhm, no. I don't count. I just like to talk about them. (slight pause)
And exercise, too. I don't like to exercise. I just like to talk about it.

Comments on "my chatty boy and the ways he makes me laugh."

 

post a comment