Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Friday, March 26, 2010

Celebrating my birthday boy.


Today I celebrate two very important events in my life: the anniversary of my marriage, and the birth of my second son, Peter. Since I posted about our anniversary a few days back, I'm moving forward to celebrate my birthday boy.

The past year with Peter has been incredibly therapeutic for me. At the end of his first year, I remember an overwhelming sense of relief; of completion of something very difficult. As a small baby, he was clingy and fussy and demanding and exhausting. We battled thrush constantly through his first year, for reasons unbeknown to me at the time, and I spent copious amounts of time and effort trying to ward it off. In a word, as Peter turned one, I felt depleted.

This year I have watched him become one of the most pleasant, kind, content and enjoyable people I know. He, as a toddler, is truly a comfort to me. Caring for him is rewarding and sweet and full of cuteness, and I am so thankful for him in ways that I just can't fathom trying to express in a blog post. I love him so much. He is such a sweet gift to me.

But there are some things I should express, for the sake of documentation. So here they are:

~Peter is the best co-sleeper there ever was. After Ambrose, I didn't believe such a child could exist. But, there is not a more enjoyable way for me to sleep than cuddled up with him. He somehow blends into you, doesn't mind being nudged, but also likes to snuggle.

~Peter is a great eater right now. He is not at all finicky about his food selection and generally has a strong taste for vegetables and healthy proteins, even when faced with the option of sugary sweets. He will gladly eat a giant salad for lunch almost every day,and was frankly not that into his birthday cake after the candles were blown out. I fear that one day he'll change his healthy ways, but I am so appreciative of them right now.

So, many happy returns to my little brown-eyed boy! As you can see from the pictures, we had a wonderful day.

Comments on "Celebrating my birthday boy."

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (March 27, 2010 6:20 AM) : 

Christina sleeps the same way!!! I love it! Same with sitting with her on the couch, etc.
And I love the "beard" of baby fat that is still lingering around Peter's face; Agnes has it too! So cute! Kind of there to remind you that they are NOT quite as grown up as they think they are? lol

 

post a comment