Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thoughts About Erin


A guest post by Matt Yonke



My wife, the proprietress of this blog, was too tired to blog tonight. But, you may remember, she promised to blog every day through Great Lent.

It's a remarkable feat, I haven't blogged consistently in ages. It takes work and it takes self-reflection, which can be hard to gin up at times.

But before that blissful blanket of unconscious swallowed her, she asked me to blog in her stead. She just asked that I post that she was tired and cute pictures of the kids, but I thought maybe something more was in line.

My wife is a really cool person. I love to be with her. Especially early in our marriage, we spent a lot of time together. More than most couples, I think. We didn't have many friends and they all lived far away. I think it's safe to say we didn't go two days without spending the evening together for a good couple of years.

We've had our struggles, but especially because of her patience and the good she brings out of me, we've forged a pretty loving relationship. It feels real, solid and lasting.

I feel like we're headed for a long, fruitful relationship and I'm so thankful for that. And it wouldn't be that way if it weren't for her being the beautiful, good, strong woman she is.

As we approach our 5th anniversary next week and the birth of our 3rd child in a few months, I couldn't be happier with our life or more grateful for her.

Comments on "Thoughts About Erin"

 

Blogger Katie said ... (March 18, 2010 12:58 PM) : 

Aww, how sweet :)

 

post a comment