Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Saturday, March 13, 2010

blech.

I've been feeling increasingly lousy since my chicken enchiladas incident on Thursday, and am mostly feeling annoyed about it. Watching 12, 13, and now 14 weeks pass without easing up on the (morning?) evening sickness is really...blech. I feel VERY entitled to feel better now that I'm in my second trimester.

In addition, I think I'm getting some of my wisdom teeth, and it HURTS, which is making me extra irritable on top of being queasy and tired.

I'm making a stronger effort to go into the upcoming week prepared to feel crummy and especially to prepare for the dinner hour (when I usually feel my worst) so that at least Matt and the boys can eat a normal dinner with minimal preparation and clean up. I planned mostly simple meals that don't require much preparation anyway (and am blessed enough to have a husband who offered to help me with some vegetable-chopping), but, since I'm already whining, even THAT sounds like way. too. much. work right now.

But, this is temporary. And worth it. Well meaning people have said things like, "Oh, it must be so hard to feel sick with the little ones around." I guess, in ways. But really, how did I do this twice before without them? They make me so happy--they lighten the mood and remind me of how much I will love this new baby. If I didn't have them, all I would have is sickness and moping.

Comments on "blech."

 

Blogger Renee said ... (March 15, 2010 6:23 PM) : 

I am sure this will not be a consolation, but I felt sick longer with each pregnancy, until this last one. The key is to get enough rest. It is nearly impossible to do so with little ones around, but try to do your best. If I can help, please let me know!

 

post a comment