Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

good nutrition.

I wake up most mornings absolutely starving, and before doing anything else, the only thing I can think about is finding something to put in my mouth (usually the sweetest thing I can find). This morning, however, was different. "I have to stop eating handfulls of cookie dough and cake in the morning," I said to myself. "I'm going to make something healthy!"
Well, anyway, here I am, 15 minutes later with a plate full of chocolate chip pancakes, lathered with syrup. Oh, and a mountain dew.

Breakfast of champions.

Comments on "good nutrition."

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (March 21, 2007 7:48 AM) : 

I've been so hungry when I wake up I would probably do the same thing (and do when I have cake around) but instead I have been grabbing a yogurt to take the edge off. Then I can think clearly to decide what to eat.
And please, as a fellow Catholic let me advise you that it is probably at least a venial sin to consume mountain dew or really any soda beverage. I do know it is mortal sin to drink diet colas... just as bad as drinking hemlock!! Aack... :-)

 

Blogger DeeDee Kay said ... (March 22, 2007 11:51 AM) : 

Although this is a cute post about the ravenous hunger of a nursing mom, the mother in me can't let you do this to your body without just a tiny word of advice!
Junk, Mrs. Yonke! It's all junk! No wholesome, energy-providing, health-producing nutrition! Your body and your mind and even your spirit need REAL FOOD. As in you can't do without it. You may tell me that you do eat real food throughout the day. Well, that's super, but please don't overload on the junk and especially not for breakfast. As one who has been there and done that, there is an addiction hiding in that cookie dough that will become mighty hard to shake off as the years go by. I'm 38 and because I didn't address the sugar issue for the first 35 years of my life, I still crave junk and I still have to force myself to eat healthy. I know you're young and your body can deal with the chemicals and preservatives without much adverse effect. But you and your baby deserve the life-giving positive effects of whole, nutritious food.
Please don't think any part of this post is meant to be condescending or critical. I am seriously still dealing with my own sugar issues, and I am by no means perfect in my food choices. I would like to help, though, and if you are interested in what works for another nursing mom with a major sweet tooth, email me!
ddmom26 at yahoo dot com

 

Blogger DeeDee Kay said ... (March 22, 2007 11:52 AM) : 

P.S. Please please please don't be offended by my impassioned comment! I promise you, no offense was intended!

 

post a comment