Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:3-12

Oh Lord,

Teach me to seek You and reveal yourself to me when I seek You.

For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal yourself to me.

Let me seek You in longing, and long for You in seeking.

Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

~Saint Ambrose of Milan

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Name: Erin Yonke

Location: Aurora, IL

Info: I'm happily married to my husband and champion pro-life activist, Matt. I stay home with my three small boys; Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10).

Thursday, March 15, 2007

boys and girls.

This past weekend (actually, Thursday through Monday) Matt and I (ehem, mostly I) watched his boss' kids while he and his wife went to San Diego. (It was totally a riot, by the way)

Their kids are 4, 13, and 17 (I think....), and most of my time was spent making sure 4-year-old Joe didn't get entirely trampled over by his older brothers :-). Anyway, on Friday, I took Joey out to DeKalb with me to visit my family, since I have a sister just his age. I was skeptical as to whether they would play well together, but to my surprise, they entertained eachother for hours. (hooray!) I went to check in on them at one point and asked what they were playing. They both replied, "kitchen". Emma was clearly doing this, stirring a plastic pot of "soup" and spoon feeding it to her baby doll, while Joey was on the other side of the room throwing stuffed animals and beanie babies at the wall. "What are you doing, Joe?," I asked, curious as to how this qualified as playing "kitchen". "Throwing the animals in the fire to COOK 'EM!!," he exclaimed.

Just one of the fascinating differences between boys and girls.

Comments on "boys and girls."

 

Blogger Sarah Faith said ... (March 15, 2007 12:06 PM) : 

I usually do a quick sweep first in the area where the photo is going to be taken, and/or crop out the mess. Or, if you prefer, maybe you're a better mom since you prize caretaking over cleaning? And thanks.

 

post a comment